Writing a Script
This is the standard and the best way to construct a fundraising conversation. It has been tested in millions of of phone calls.
I personally have made well over 10,000 phonefundraising calls and what ever campaign, organization or cause – the overall structure I here present is what works best.
A script has tree components: Opening, The Case and Closing.
- Introduce yourself and the organization.
- Ask questions.
What is most important in your opening is to get the person so invested in the conversation that you get to present your case.
Secondary, you want to get the person in a talkative mood.
Hello you are speaking with Martin Carlsson from the organization “Help The Children”, we help poor children by giving them an education.
I assume you’ve heard about us.?
Before we start, it is important for me to ask you: Do you think it is important that we help children to get an education?
What is it that your organization does and why should the person donate?
- What your organization does.
- Many children in Langtbortistan doesn’t get an education, mostly because the country doesn’t have enough schools.
- The solution is to build more schools.
- Because we have such loyal supporters, we are able to build schools.
- Ask for help
- Tell them how they can help
- Do you want to help us building schools in Langtbortistan and help the children get an education?
- Thanks! What we need is a donation. Some people are able to give XX, what do you think about that?